Re: Debian 7 Wheezy Stable Relelased

On Thu, 09 May 2013, Siard wrote:

> Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > Guess I'll keep pestering Kobo until they "fix" it.
>
> I've got a Kobo Glo.  When connected via USB, the 'Connect' interface
> immediately shows up, also with Linux.  Looks like they did already
> fix it.

I have the Touch model, purchased last year, and even with the latest
software--updated yesterday to 2.5.1--it doesn't with Linux, but does
with Windows and OSX. With Linux, the 'Connect' interface flashes for
less than a second like it always has, then disappears.  Even 'lsusb'
from the command line doesn't list it. This is a known and persistent
problem.  Consider yourself fortunate that yours works.

It also has a problem when a microSD card is in the slot.  This is a
known problem with all Kobos, too, not just with the Touch.  However, I
haven't had time to test if the latest update has solved it.  But I
doubt it.