Re: The order of my SATA and PATA are switching all the time

Stefan Monnier wrote:

I see many people suggested UUIDs and other funny long names.
What I use instead: LVM.  This way you get to name the "disks" and
"partitions" with meaningful names which only change when you decide to
change them.

One simple question, though: if you have 2 similar HDDs and one
of them starts to fail, how do you know which one it is?

It's turned into quite an issue for me since Debian stopped
assigning disk names in a predictable way.

--
Best nightdreams.
Serge Tiunov,                           "Do you really think you think