The order of my SATA and PATA are switching all the time

Hi,

Recently I added an old PATA HD to my system, which previously consist of
two SATA HDs. Ever since then, the order of my SATA and PATA are keep
switching.

NB, it is not that I can't boot, I can boot just fine, but half of the
time the boot process will drop to that single user PANIC mode, saying
sdbX can't be found. It looked to me that PATA was sda more than not, so
I arrange my fstab like that, but due to so many boot failures, I'm not
sure what's udev's picks actually is now.

I've looked and seems that it is a well-known Debian only issue. E.g.,
http://linux.error-exception.org/article/1085839/dual+boot+mix+of+SATA+and
+PATA(EIDE)+drives
http://linux.error-exception.org/article/1267483/SATA+and+PATA+keep
+switching+drive+alias

"In my experience Debian derived distros don't handle the mix of [PS]ATA
drives at all well. Seems to be a result of initscripts/udev rules not
matching the device order the BIOS enumerates. Flat out bug.  I avoid the
issue by using a distro that can work these things out sensibly. Usually
Arch, although I also have Fedora 15 as the inital boot system on a
machine that Ubuntu couldn't handle. Sorry I don't have a better answer
for you."

Anyone know the cure?

Thanks