Re: Debian 7 Wheezy Stable Relelased

On 9 May 2013 08:31, Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:

I think you've got me mixed up with someone else here.  Oh!  You mean
my Kobo eReader.  Yeah.  It doesn't like Linux.  Doesn't show up at
all, either as a mass storage or anything else, when connected via
USB.  When first connected, the reader checks for Windows or OSX, and
if they're not there, the "connect" interface doesn't come up.  And
you can't manually mount it.  I've tried.  As far as the OS is
concerned, it's not there.

Guess I'll keep pestering Kobo until they "fix" it.

If you use Calibre (download it from the calibre site, don't use the Debian package version as it's too old) then your kobo will be recognised.

Cheers,
Rob Hurle
--
Rob Hurle