Re: Re: Install from iso (no disc burn)

Hi Harry, Brian and others,

> It is far less convenient than booting from an isohybrid and only works
> with a netinst ISO if the user is prepared to jump through a number of
> small diameter hoops and coerce d-i into co-operating.

actually, it is way easier than you make it sound ;)
Also, it works with any Debian .iso, just sayin'.

You only have to jump through one hoop, you have to skip the installer
step "Detect and mount CD-ROM" and do that manually. After you worked
around that, you can continue the installation the normal "by-the-book"
way.

Harry: If you are interested, I could give you a little step-by-step
howto.

Best regards,
Julian