Re: Debian 7 Wheezy Stable Relelased

Le 08.05.2013 09:48, Helmut Wollmersdorfer a écrit :
Am 07.05.2013 um 23:23 schrieb Patrick Bartek:

Unfortunately, the Thinkpad 240X we're discussing here can't
boot directly off a CD or even a USB thumb drive for that matter.
Natively, it can only boot off a floppy or internal hard drive.  (I
said this thing was ancient. ;-) ) And except for the hard drive, all
other drives are externals.

You can try to install from Windows.

This method is convenient and saves your time (no need to prepare
install media).

Helmut Wollmersdorfer

As far as I know, windows needs the installation CD? Last time I tried, I needed to insert the CD, but maybe this is no longer required ?