Re: wheezy install missing contrib and non-free

On Mon, 6 May 2013 12:21:24 -0500
Default User <hunguponcontent@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Default,

>In the past , during the install process, it would ask if the user
>wanted to include the contrib and non-free repositiories.  Not this
>time.  The install went okay, but only included packages from the main
>repository.

I was asked whether I wanted to use those sections when installing Wheezy
less than a week ago.  I was using the "graphical expert install" mode.
Maybe the question doesn't get asked in some of the other modes.

>If I manually added "contrib" and non-free" to /etc/apt/sources.list,
>and did apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade, would that add the missing

You can add contrib & non-free repos without issue.  It won't install
anything until you specify what you want.

>contrib and non-free stuff?  And would that mess up the already
>installed system?

It /shouldn't/, but I offer no guarantee.

--
 Regards  _
Looking for something I can call my own, ain't a Ford Cortina or a