Re: Wheezy issue with broadcom 5720 nic on new dell PowerEdge R720

Am 03.05.2013 um 09:01 schrieb Stan Hoeppner:

On 5/2/2013 8:24 AM, Lukáš Zíta wrote:

I can not think  another way  to handle this, so  I  will have to
switch  toa  card  from Intel.

To those people who may wonder why/how others often end up with boxes
full of brand new 'perfectly good' hardware that may never be used...

... expensive parts not used.

In my case the two Dell Poweredge R520 have the built in BCM5716 (2 heads), and an Intel 82576 (2 heads). For more performance I ordered additional 2 Intel 82576. But two Intel 82576 do not work in one machine (AFAIK a known kernel module problem of kernel 2.6.32.

So I use these expensive NICs in spare/testing machines;-)

BTW: Is there an easy way to get the version of a kernel module directly from kernel source tree? I.e. without installing the kernel.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer