Re: Re (2): psaux

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:56:13AM -0700, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> According to Wikipedia, the PS/2 connection was designed in 1987
> and the first release of the Linux kernel was in 1991.  Therefore
> "/dev/psaux" could have appeared in Unix before it appeared in
> Linux.  Whether the first appearance was in Unix or Linux, I would
> have expected the name to be /dev/ps2 rather than /dev/psaux.

People would have asked about /dev/ps0 and /dev/ps1.

As it is, motherboards often have one or two ps/2 ports, and
they may or may not be different -- some will only take mice,
some will only take keyboards, some don't care -- there is no
way that I am aware of to differentiate between them from an
end-user view.

-dsr-

--
http://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.
You can't fight for freedom by taking away rights.