Re: Sounds good -- geary email client

On Sat, 04 May 2013, T o n g wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 23:41:50 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>
> >> I just wish it could open in Sylpheed's reader window itself,
> >> instead of me having to switch to a different workspace where
> >> google-chrome is running all the time.  Would Thunderbird or
> >> similar do that?  I've never used it, so I don't know.
> >
> >    That's one of the main reasons I switched from Sylpheed to
> > Thunderbird. It's handling of html is built-in. . .
>
> Just stumbled upon this --
> check out the "only email client you'll ever need"
>
> geary
> http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geary-a-beautiful-modern-open-source-
> email-client

Unfortunately, it's designed specifically for the GNOME desktop.
Nothing really wrong with that, I guess. I ran GNOME for years until
3.0 came out.  Then switched to a window manager only GUI for more
efficiency, speed and less bloat on this aging machine of mine.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it develops.