Re: which image shall I use for P4/2.9G

On Tuesday 31 December 2013 22:35:12 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 December 2013 16:24:16 Long Wind wrote:
> > "not enough memory to load specified image" is the exact words
> > displayed on screen
>
> Which CD or DVD were you using?  If you were trying to use the Live
> DVD for your installation, that might explain it, since it uses a
> lot of memory.
>
> Try using the amd64 netinst (net install) CD.  It uses very little
> memory, so you have certainly got enough.
> http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/debian-installer/
> Top of page:

You might almost do better to choose advanced install and choose a
lighter desktop than GNOME 3.  I don't use GNOME myself, but from the
posts I have read 1G may not really be enough memory to get good
performance with a RAM guzzling heavy-weight.  XFCE and LXDE are both
available at install time.  KDE 4 is also available, but is also a
heavy-weight.

Lisi