Re: which image shall I use for P4/2.9G

On Tuesday 31 December 2013 16:24:16 Long Wind wrote:
> "not enough memory to load specified image" is the exact words
> displayed on screen

Which CD or DVD were you using?  If you were trying to use the Live
DVD for your installation, that might explain it, since it uses a lot
of memory.

Try using the amd64 netinst (net install) CD.  It uses very little
memory, so you have certainly got enough.
http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/debian-installer/
Top of page:

I don't think that you are particularly unlucky.  I just wonder
whether sometimes you don't look before you leap.

HTH
Lisi