Re: USB mouse on Latitude D430

On 12/31/2013 07:58 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
On 12/30/2013 04:49 PM, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
     Partly ideological; I don't like the way things seems to be
heading. Canonical's way or F-Off. Got moderated on the Ubuntu user's
list for voicing/agreeing with opinions that differ from the Ubuntu
Way. ;)
     And this little puppy seems to run a bit better with Debian &
Gnome3 vs Ubuntu Gnome3.
not exactly sure what gnome3 is..
Current/stable version of Gnome desktop....
  I don't see any screenshots on
debian.org . I installed Mate desktop, I feel really comfortable with
it..    my problem with Debian is the ice...dove/weasel.. rather than
the real thunderbird. I like thunderbird, I don't want it rebranded.
I added the Linux Mint Debian Edition repositories to get Firefox & Thunderbird.

does lsusb show anything different for your mouse with the docking
station attached??

Nah, no difference noticed. But I did catch one oddity. Today when I was booting up, I had the trackball connected to the USB port (that has the power connector next to it) and while it was loading the greeter (? the login window) the trackball did work. Then once the login window came up, that was it.
    I'm kinda stumped here...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818