Re: Possible to add an LVM to existing Wheezy box

On 31/12/2013 18:58, Shane Johnson wrote:
  If you're planning on adding the other 2TB disk anyways now would be the
best time as far as ease goes.  This is due to you can just make the LVM
with the new disk then clone the data to the new partition in the LVM.
  Then once you are comfortable that all your data is in place you would
delete the original partition extend the LVM and file system to include
what you just deleted.
Let us know if you need more information or
ideas.

Shane, thank you, I'll follow this approach because it seems straightforward, safe (because the data doesn't get overwritten until we've verified the copy), and similar to Eduardo's thoughts, too, so is probably the sensible way if both of you are suggesting it.

Thanks to both of you.

regards, Ron