Apology: Possible to add an LVM to existing Wheezy box

On 31/12/2013 17:37, Howard wrote:

More info: existing partition

The existing partition would be from our 'filesystem backup' machine,

[snip]

suggestion of creating a new empty LVM might work, otherwise.

regards, Ron

Tst.

Apologies to the list for posting this message using the wrong name. I wrote the post, and it answers Shane's queries about the disk and OS.

Our son-in-law is staying with us and, this being the season of goodwill, I'd set up a Thunderbird 'personality' for him, so that he could stay in touch with his email. When I came to reply to a post, TB inserted his name as the sender instead, and I didn't notice until too late.

They're leaving after the New Year and that will be the end of this goodwill nonsense. Sorry for the confusion (if any).

Bah, Humbug.

Ron