Re: packages status

On 12/31/2013 06:58 AM, Diogene Laerce wrote:
Hi,

Is there a simple way to get the list of packages installed since the fresh
installation of deby ?

I saw etckeeper in the doc (it's a bit late for that :( ) and I know I can
go through the logs : /var/log/dpkg.log, /var/log/apt/term.log,
/var/log/aptitude but Christmas was only 7 days ago, maybe someone has
the miracle recipe ?
http://superuser.com/questions/132614/how-to-list-manually-installed-software-packages-in-ubuntu

You can save a list of installed packages on the old machine with the command dpkg --get-selections > ~/packages and then restore it on the new one with sudo dpkg --set-selections < ~/packages
--
Paul Cartwright