Re: which image shall I use for P4/2.9G

On Tue, 2013-12-31 at 13:29 +0200, Alex Moonshine wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 05:40:19 -0500
> Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have run a squeeze i386 CD
> > After selecting the first menu item "Install" the screen turn blank

There could be different reasons for this.

> > I have run a suse 9.3 installation CD
> > it says I'm running 32-bit software on  64bit computer

That's true. It doesn't say it's impossible to do it, right?

> > I have plugged hard disk with i386 wheezy
> > the new computer can't run wheezy

Other hardware, perhaps just a wrong graphics driver is used.

> That's very strange. [...]

No, it's not strange, the issues might be related to some hardware
issue, e.g. a wrong graphics driver.

The OP can use a search engine and learn how to provide more info, so
that the list is able to help.