Re: which image shall I use for P4/2.9G

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 05:40:19 -0500
Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have run a squeeze i386 CD
> After selecting the first menu item "Install" the screen turn blank
>
> I have run a suse 9.3 installation CD
> it says I'm running 32-bit software on  64bit computer
>
> I have plugged hard disk with i386 wheezy
> the new computer can't run wheezy

That's very strange. I had used P4/3,0Ghz for 7 years, always using
i386 OS/software, which only seemed natural to me, since it's a
single-core processor. Never even realized it had x86_64 compatibility
(as wiki says, it initially had x86 set of instructions, though later
it was expanded by the 64-bit).