Re: Nvidia package installation problems

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Jon N <jdnandroid@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Jon N <jdnandroid@gmail.com> wrote:

<---snip--->

> It's getting late so I'm going to have to look at this again in the
> morning.  I think I should be able to make a new blacklist file for
> nouveau (hopefully you can't have it blacklisted too many times) and
> copy the /etc/X11/xorg.conf to /root/xorg.conf.new to reference just
> the nvidia driver.  Anyone know where I can get a list of the order in
> which, and locations of, config files for X?  I would have sworn
> /etc/X11 was first, but it's not the first time I would be wrong
> either :-).

Ok, still up.  I discovered that I did not have an xorg.conf in
/etc/X11 after all.  So I put one there.  Now nvidia is the only
driver that seems to be loading in the Xorg.0.log file.  But, if
failed to load: "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so:
undefined symbol: WindowTable".  So, I can look that up tomorrow, but
if anyone is familiar with this error and would be interested in
passing it along I will be very happy :-).

Thanks,
Jon

P.S.  I just did a quick google search on "nvidia_drv.so: undefined
symbol: WindowTable" and really didn't see anything that looked
useful, or even very recent.  But it was only a quick check, I really
have to get some sleep :-) zzzzzz.