Installing Debian 7.3.0

Hi,

I'm an Iranian electronic engineer focused on industrial automation projects. After some years of work experience I've come to the conclusion that I should learn linux for doing my projects in a more efficent way.  Unfortunately I don't know any thing about it and I'm completely new. The first step of course is installing it. Here I don't have access to any Debian OS distributor to buy the CDs from, so I downloaded debian-7.3.0-i386-CD-1.iso sized 648MB and copied it on a CD.  According to Debian website it's enough for installing Debian on a system. There is an old Dell Latitude laptop with specs as below which I chose to for this purpose:

Mobile Pentium4: 1.8GHz
CPU Speed: 1.8GHz
Level 2 Cache: 512KB
System Memory: 256MB
Video Memory: 32MB
Hard Drive: 40GB

Its current OS is windows. Then I chose CD ROM drive as the first boot system on the laptop and inserted the CD and restarted the PC. It tried to run the CD, but Linux didn't come up and after few seconds windows booted up.
First I thought it was due to a bios setup, so I tried the CD with a desktop pc. Again I had the same problem.
Is there any one who could Kindly give me some directives to overcome this problem.

Kind Regards
Alireza Bahrami