Re: VLC media player 2.1.2 Rincewind (revision 2.1.2-0-ga4c4876)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:47:35 -0500
Charles Kroeger <ckrogrr@frankensteinface.com> wrote:

Hello Charles,

>deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org testing main non-free
>deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org sid  main non-free
>deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org experimental main

Why testing & sid?  Experimental is pretty useless, having only the
d-m.o keyring in it.

>VLC media player 2.1.2 Rincewind (revision 2.1.2-0-ga4c4876)
>(no seg fault or anything reported except the version you see there)

That's the sid version, which I don't use, so can't offer any real
advice.  Suffice to say, 2.1.1 works fine here.

>I thought I might hold off on the bug report pending an inquiry here to
>see if others have had a similar experience.

As Brian says, a waste of time reporting it on the Debian bugtracker;
At best it'll be closed without comment.

>Do the VLC maintainers like the deb-mutimedia.org sources seem like I
>was reading once where they didn't like them at all.

Debian VLC maintainers != DMO VLC maintainers.

>Is it prudent to remove the deb-multimedia.org sources from my
>sources.list and downgrade VLC to a working condition?

Entirely your choice.  Personally, I use DMO packages without problems.

--
 Regards  _
I'll tell you something, I think that you should know