Re: VLC media player 2.1.2 Rincewind (revision 2.1.2-0-ga4c4876)

On Wed 18 Dec 2013 at 12:47:35 -0500, Charles Kroeger wrote:

> apropos to nothing but after reinserting these locations in my sources.list:
>
> deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org testing main non-free
> deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org sid  main non-free
> deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org experimental main
>
> and getting an upgrade to VLC
>
> the first time to use VLC, I get no appearance of VLC but this:
>

> charles@mundo:~$ vlc
> VLC media player 2.1.2 Rincewind (revision 2.1.2-0-ga4c4876)

The vlc interface comes up on stable and unstable here.

> (no seg fault or anything reported except the version you see there)
>
> I thought I might hold off on the bug report pending an inquiry here to see if
> others have had a similar experience.

A bug report where? Not to Debian, we hope.

> Do the VLC maintainers like the deb-mutimedia.org sources seem like I was reading
> once where they didn't like them at all.

Pass.

> Is it prudent to remove the deb-multimedia.org sources from my sources.list and
> downgrade VLC to a working condition?

It's up to you. Please see the first sentence in this post. A
'downgrade' might result in an upgrade to something which works better
for you.