Re: Using the GPU on the Intel i7-477

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 11:19:17PM +0100, Robin Kipp wrote:
>    Hi all,
>    I’ve got a server running Debian 7.1 Wheezy which uses an Intel
>    Haswell  i7-477 processor. This processor should have an on-board GPU that
>    I’d like to use - first for scientific calculations using BOINC, and later
>    for automated video rendering possibly.

According to https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/GPU_computing, the current
BOINC should be able to detect and use your GPU just fine. If it
doesn't, you may need to install Intel's own graphics driver from
https://01.org/linuxgraphics/.

According to the BOINC page, the Intel chips use OpenCL so, in theory,
once you've got that working any OpenCL application should work just as
well.