Re: startx + ~/.xsession and no ~/.xinitrc, results in reduced functionality (xfce4, sid)

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 00:28:54 -0700 Bob Proulx sent:

>  /etc/X11/Xsession.d/40x11-common_xsessionrc
>               Source global environment variables.  This  script
> will  source anything  in  $HOME/.xsessionrc  if  the  file  is
> present. This allows the user to set global environment variables for
> their  X session, such as locale information.

Maybe that's what I read? Anyway, I renamed the file ~/.xsession and
the system booted without problems. I thought it took a little longer
but that was probably my imagination as I expected it to fail.

Thanks for the good information.
Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Of the whole rabble of thieves, fools are the worst; for they
	rob you of both time and peace of mind. - Goethe