Re: startx + ~/.xsession and no ~/.xinitrc, results in reduced functionality (xfce4, sid)

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 00:28:54 -0700 Bob Proulx sent:

> No it really should be ~/.xsession.  This can be deduced by inspecting
> the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/50x11-common_determine-startup file.  Or see
> the man page such as these snippets from it.

That's what I had for years but then something must have come up to
make me rename the file to~/.xsessionrc

Maybe it was when I booted and it said it couldn't read ~/.xsessionrc?

It had to be something on the system that demanded it, and it had to be
Debian of one version or another because that's all I have used for
about 10 years?

I might just revert it back to ~/.xsession and see what error messages
I receive, if any?

Thanks
Charlie

    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Of the whole rabble of thieves, fools are the worst; for they
	rob you of both time and peace of mind. - Goethe