Re: installation of debian

On Mon 09 Dec 2013 at 21:49:31 +0100, HNP-Informatica wrote:

> I tried to install Debian LXDE  7.2 amd64  Desktop  on a Toshiba
> Ultrabook Satellite Z30-A with a life DVD.
> But had difficulties. The Networkcard LAN was not detected. The same
> with the WiFi and Bluetooth

The output of the command

   lspci

would allow us too know exactly what the some of the hardware you have
is.

> The Ethernetcard is an Intel Ethernet connection 1218-V.

I think this is supported by the e1000e driver. The result of the command

   lsmod | grep e1000e

should tell us whether it gets loaded when the machine boots.

> The Wifi is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
>
> Do you see a chance to get a driver for this.

Problematic. The lspci commmand should give us more to go on. However,
firmware is probably required. Wheezy doesn't have it but wheezy-backports
does. You want the firmware-iwlwifi package.