Re: Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300

On Fri 06 Dec 2013 at 11:21:45 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> I am having trouble with a Wireless Controller Intel PRO/Wireless
> 2200BG in a Dell Inspiron 9300 running a freshly installed Wheezy.
> It is not successfully creating a wireless connection.  lsmod reveals
> that the module ipw2200 is there.

If you are set on solving this problem in the context of using wicd I'm
reluctant to push you in the another direction. wicd uses wpasupplicant;
so why not cut out the middleman and access it directly in /e/n/i?

> I use an access list for wireless appliances on my router, and the
> correct MAC code for the laptop in question is there.  (I just
> checked!)  Ifconfig -a finds the card.

Whatever use this is I'd remove it as a factor to take into account.

> I have googled, with a singular lack of success.  I have installled a
> backported kernel.  Nada.  Though, of course, with this card one
> might expect an older kernel to be what is needed.  Would it be a
> good idea to find and install an _old_ kernel?

Everything at the Debian wiki indicates the 2200BGA is a supported chip.