Re: How do I get rid of the "launchpad" in XFCE?

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 17:00:02 -0500 (EST)
Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:

> I'm sure that this must be one of the most common questions for new XFCE
> users, but I can't seem to find an answer.  If only I knew what the
> proper terminology for this thing is, I'm sure I could find the answer
> with an internet search.  But I don't know what it's called.  In the
> subject line of this post, I've called it a launchpad.  I call it that
> because it reminds me of the old OS/2 Warp Version 3 launchpad application.
> (That dates me, doesn't it?)  Anyway, in the default XFCE desktop, it is
> positioned at the bottom center of the screen, has six icons in it
> (minimize all open windows and show the desktop, terminal emulator,
> file manager, web browser, application finder, and home folder), and the
> thing is in the way.  It keeps maximized windows from filling the entire
> desktop.

In my Xfce, they're both called panels (Panel 1 and Panel 2); my bottom
one contains all kinds of widgets (that I've customized and put there,
e.g. CPU / network / sensors monitors, clock, audio mixer, screenshot
tool), and my top one contains just a launcher, window buttons, and a
notification area.

> It seems that everything in this "launchpad" thingy duplicates function
> available in the "panel" along the top of the screen (I think that is
> the proper terminology for it), so I really don't see why I need it.
> I want to make it go away permanently, so that maximized windows will
> use the whole screen.  How do I do this?

Just got to Settings -> Panel, select the one you want from the drop
down list, and click the '-' button.

Celejar