How do I get rid of the "launchpad" in XFCE?

I'm sure that this must be one of the most common questions for new XFCE
users, but I can't seem to find an answer.  If only I knew what the
proper terminology for this thing is, I'm sure I could find the answer
with an internet search.  But I don't know what it's called.  In the
subject line of this post, I've called it a launchpad.  I call it that
because it reminds me of the old OS/2 Warp Version 3 launchpad application.
(That dates me, doesn't it?)  Anyway, in the default XFCE desktop, it is
positioned at the bottom center of the screen, has six icons in it
(minimize all open windows and show the desktop, terminal emulator,
file manager, web browser, application finder, and home folder), and the
thing is in the way.  It keeps maximized windows from filling the entire
desktop.

It seems that everything in this "launchpad" thingy duplicates function
available in the "panel" along the top of the screen (I think that is
the proper terminology for it), so I really don't see why I need it.
I want to make it go away permanently, so that maximized windows will
use the whole screen.  How do I do this?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :