Re: hi

Lisi wrote:

> I believe Xfce.

> I gave my granddaughter a laptop (second hand!) some years ago and
> administered it for her.  We ended up with OpenSUSE as the only
> distro we could find that her school wi-fi would agree to talk to -
> it was, not surprisingly, but sadly, set up basically for Windows.
> She liked it and used it for four years until her father gave her a
> Macbook Pro.  It is a well regarded distro - tho' a bit cutting edge
> for some!  As I say, she liked it and was happy with it.  And it was
> not hard work to maintain for her.

> You have a life outside computers, I imagine. ;-)

Okay if Linus is using Xfce now a days. But the sole reason you put for it was
KDE 4.10.5 which I guess is not complete...there could be other reasons like
he might want to test Xfce...so I really don't know about it...

Great to know that you give your grand-daughter a nice gift, she would start
learning things from a small age....:-) Because you prefer a trouble free
life...;)- BTW, you must be admin or handling some computers and thus you feel
Debian is the best choice.

Two small doubts are as follows:

[1] All those messges (of KMail) occupy the computers' space. Now, during
reinstallation/upgradation of the operating system, these all mails are
downloaded back or should/must be taken as back-up?

[2] If I have written something offline, it should be save. But as soon as I
become online, the mailes from the Drafts are automatically sent? Or it is
manually required to send those mails?

Yes, it is better to mail on lists rather to mail privately if you really
don't prefer it....

--
Regards,
AP