Re: updating debian 6 to debian 7

> I am following the instructions on the following site ---
>
> https://library.linode.com/upgrading/upgrade-to-debian-7-wheezy

Official Debian release notes is better source I think.

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

> I do
>> sudo apt-get update
> and get the following
>> N: Ignoring file 'google-chrome.list.save' in directory
>> '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
>> W: GPG error: http://mozilla.debian.net squeeze-backports Release: The
>> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
>> not available: NO_PUBKEY 85A3D26506C4AE2A
> I think the Google-chrome.list.save is my doing sometime back -- I'm
> going to delete it sometime this week and try again but gpg error has me
> concerned. Will this cause some problems down the road?

Deleting this file (or moving away from this directory) is part of the
solution.

> When I do
>
>> sudo apt-get upgrade
>>

> I get the following --
>

>> WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
>>   libsqlite3-0 python-support python-dev python python-minimal
>> libnspr4-0d libnspr4 libnss3-1d libnss3 sqlite3
>> Install these packages without verification [y/N]?
> What packages are these associated with -- why can they not be
> authenticated?
>
> If I select 'N' I get the ignoring file error as above.
> If I select 'y' I getthe following --
>
>> Err http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports/iceweasel-release
>> libsqlite3-0 i386 3.7.17-1~bpo60+1

Backports also should be removed temporarily. Have a look at your
sources.list and sources.list.d and remove all unofficial repos, do the
upgrade and if you still need the unofficial repos, add them back later.

--
--- Friczy ---
'Death is not a bug, it's a feature'