Re: how to activate php in apache

Le 04/12/2013 02:33, Bob Proulx a écrit :
> François Patte wrote:

> Think back...  How many times have someone asked you for help with
> something.  And you asked them what did they do?  And they said, "I
> didn't do anything!"  And of those times how often did it turn out
> that they had actually done something?  I am sure quite often! :-)
> I am certain that others reading this will go, yes, many times.

> And I see that the problem turned out that you were expecting short
> tags to work and those have been discouraged for years.  Glad to see
> that the root cause of the problem is solved.  I know you think that
> short tags should be on by default but really those are official
> "discouraged".
>
>   http://php.net/manual/en/language.basic-syntax.phptags.php
>   PHP tags
>
>   When PHP parses a file, it looks for opening and closing tags, which
>   are <?php and ?> which tell PHP to start and stop interpreting the
>   code between them.  Parsing in this manner allows PHP to be embedded
>   in all sorts of different documents, as everything outside of a pair
>   of opening and closing tags is ignored by the PHP parser.
>
>   PHP also allows for short open tags <? and ?> (which are discouraged
>   because they are only available if enabled with short_open_tag php.ini
>   configuration file directive, or if PHP was configured with the
>   --enable-short-tags option.
>
> And this is a reasonable discussion of short tags too:
>
>   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/200640/are-php-short-tags-acceptable-to-use

But in php.ini file (from debian), we can read:

; short_open_tag
;   Default Value: On<------------------
;   Development Value: Off
;   Production Value: Off

I am not making any development, I have no web server in production, I
just use the web server on my computer to check some web files before
puting them on the university web server...

Reading this at the beginning of php;ini file, I thought that short tags
were enabled by default...

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique