Re: how to activate php in apache

François Patte wrote:
> I'd like to anable php with apache web server.
>
> apache2 is installed
> php5 is installed.
> apache php module is activated

The above is just too vague and ambiguous.  Do you mean this?

  apt-get install apache2 libapache2-mod-php5

If you meant anything else by "activated" please say exactly what you
mean.  Because with the above there is no need for 'a2enmod' or any
other commands.  It will be available immediately after the above.

> But php is not working...ie.:
>
> <?
> phpinfo');
> ?>

If that is verbatim then that is the problem.  Note the syntax errors
in the above.  Try this verbatim instead.

  <?php phpinfo(); ?>

> does not work in /var/wwww (with 644 permissions)

How did /var/www get 644 permissions?  That is also incorrect.

  chmod u=rwx,go+rx /var/www

The ownership is not critical.

> Where is the magic?

Not breaking it! :-) :-)