Re: Squeeze dpkg --get-selections usable in any way in Wheezy?

On Ma, 03 dec 13, 17:51:11, Brad Alexander wrote:

> One point I would like to make is that it is probably not a bad idea to
> capture this from all of your machines as a starting point to have a pool
> of machine "types." For instance, being a believer in bastion hosts, I have
> a separate firewall, backup machine, fileserver, workstations, laptop, and
> containers (OpenVZ) for, for instance, mediawiki box, puppet master, etc.
> Each machine runs a script (installed by puppet) that runs at 4am that does
> an dpkg --get-selections and writes it to the filesytem. This is backed up
> daily. This way, if I am building a new box of a type, I have a base config
> from which to work.

# list of installed packages with some exclusions
aptitude --disable-columns -F %p search '~i!~M!~E!~pstandard!~pimportant!~prequired' > $BAK_DIR/$AUTO_PKG_LIST

Hmm, I should probably take out the '!~pstandard', lately I've been
installing without it.

Kind regards,
Andrei