Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> Yes, it seems to be stable and do things fairly well. It's a bit slow,
> particularly when starting, but that's not a problem if you keep it
> open all day. It's a bit heavy on resources and may be a problem for
> older computers if multiple tabs are used extensively.

> If nobody else has mentioned it to you, the names and logos of Firefox
> and Thunderbird are (intentionally) not under free licence, so Debian
> does not include them in its main repositories. The actual code is
> free, so Debian is free to recompile and distribute them under
> different names and logos, and does so as Iceweasel and Icedove
> respectively, and of course the original Firefox and Thunderbird are
> freely downloadable for Linux and Windows.

Well, it won't be open all the day but only when I will have to use
the PC. But still you say it good and the fact that many people use
it, makes me a trust for it, though until I use it, I cannot comment
much of its effectiveness....just heard....Okay its resourceful. My PC
is neither too old nor the latest, its in the middle...It should cope
up with it, I guess...

It is really wonder to know that Debian doesn't include them because
of yet another war of license....whatever...If the actual code is
free, still such issues arise is a wonder to think....! I now think
that KMail must be a bit less resourceful than Thunderbird.