Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On 11/30/13, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 29 November 2013 13:43:42 AP wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> > With KMail, Evolution or any other MUA you can read all mails
>> > off-line. IMAP/POP does download the mails to your machine. You
>> > can decide if you want to delete the mails from the gmail server
>> > after downloading them or not. At the moment I try to switch away
>> > from all GTK/GNOME related stuff if possible, so I'm testing
>> > KMail. I still would recommend to use Evolution. However, read
>> > the archive and you will see many posts from Lisi whining about
>> > issues with mails posted to this list.
>
> I don't recall ever "whining" about anything which could be laid at
> the door of KMail, let alone frequently.

Hi Lisi, your fish-hook bite is delightful, but perhaps sub-optimal
for your own emotional state; perhaps I can suggest something like the
following for next time:

"However, read the archive and you will see many posts from Ralph
whining about issues irrelevant to the technical questions posted"

or whatever :)

The point is, at that point in the conversation, you can get away with
just about anything. Ralph's bait can be seen as excellent training
for you though, so some would consider that thanks would be in order
:)

>> > You won't experience that
>> > much issues when using Evolution.
>>
>> Oh I see....Lisi has experience with all the mail clients I guess.
>
> Of course I haven't.  And I have never made such a claim.  It would be
> a ridiculous one.

And here, I can suggest something like the following:

"Dear AP, unfortunately you have made an assumption here based on
irrelevant non-technical innuendo from Ralph (see above). But I won't
hold that against you. For now :)"

Best regards to all, and may your life journey's be fruitful,
Zenaan