Re: split(): syntax error near unexpected token `(' ... [OT]

On 29/11/13 14:51, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Please note - this has *nothing* to do with Debian, I've marked it OT
> accordingly.
>
> Unless you are asking about Debian peculiarities or whether to raise bug
> report please consider posting these sorts of queries to somewhere
> appropriate like stackoverflow, gawk lists or such like. Thanks.
>

> On 29/11/13 13:58, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>>> What is "array" supposed to do?  [??]
>
> The point of a question is to elicit an answer.
>

>>> What did you want the script to do?
>> ~

<snipped>

I'm probably steering you way off base, just realized I'm running mawk
*not* gawk.

Could that explain the difference between what you get and what you
want? (try installing gawk if it's not installed, mawk is the default).

> Huh? :/
>
> A. That link is broken

I still don't understand your scripting, could be just me though
probably reads fine to the rest of the world.

Apologies for any offense or confusion.

Kind regards.