Re: Toshiba Satellite U940

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 01:47:36 +1300 Chris Bannister sent:

> Can't remember the exact problems I was having with the touchpad on
> this Dell Inspiron, but I ended up with:
>
> root@tal:~# less /etc/modprobe.d/touchpad.conf
> options psmouse proto=imps
>
> I had to create the touchpad.conf file, as it didn't exist.

I did that, and cut out just about everything in
the /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf file. Even created a
new one and one thta started with 70, just in case it really did make a
difference. No stone unturned. [laughing]

But still get that annoying scroll when I touch the centre of the
touchpad.

I'm using FVWM so there could be something there. Interestingly, I
attempt to use many of the commands given in the man page. Actually
hope to disable them by using "0" instead of any other integer. But
they choke my entry into the GUI and I have to edit them out again.

So it will be ongoing, slowly worrying at it generally gets it done
even if it takes months. There's a lot of reading to do, but it has to
take it's place in the queue of other things that happen in life.

Apologies for the long note at the end Chris. [laughing]

Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers
	and to the sound of trumpets. --Voltaire