Re: colord Warning during upgrade to wheezy

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> AFAIK adduser is Debian specific and useradd came from other distros.
> AFAIK Debian supports useradd as a nod to those other distros.  And
> because IIRC the LSB requires it.

Debian is the upstream of both useradd and adduser.

adduser is a wrapper around useradd.

adduser doesn't necessarily exist in other distros.

If it does, it isn't necessarily the equivalent of the Debian one; in
RH-land it's a symlink to useradd.

If it does and is the equivalent of the Debian one, I doubt that it
has the equivalent of the "essential" tagging that Debian gives it.