Re: top posting

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:
The usual objection to top posting is that it destroys the logical
flow of the conversation (and no doubt someone will post a
conversation in reverse order to illustrate the point). But I agree
with you, and for years read my email in reverse chronological order
precisely so that I could save time getting to the bottom line (at the
top), so to speak.

That said, this list's protocol requires inline or bottom posting
(which I've just violated for obvious reasons), as is the case on most
technical lists. Every one of the academic lists I have ever been on
prefers (based on practice, at least) top posting. Go figure.

Patrick