Re: testing wants to install systemd

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:

> Installing systemd will not change your init system (unless you
> actively choose to do so). GNOME now depends on some of the
> systemd components but does not require you to have systemd as
> your init system.

Is there feature parity between GNOME 3.8 runnning with sysvinit v/s
GNOME 3.8 running with systemd?

For example and AFAIK, unless Debian has patched logind in the same
way that Ubuntu has, GNOME's power management is different when not
using systemd as pid 1.

Gentoo has the following news item associated with the release of GNOME 3.8:

We are pleased to announce the stabilization of GNOME-3.8. Users are
strongly encouraged to read the GNOME 3.8 Upgrade Guide to avoid any
possible issues relating to the upgrade. The guide will also show you
how to migrate to systemd as it is the only supported setup now,