Re: Wheezy: Changing date format in LibreOffice Calc

On 20 November 2013 21:35, Ldten K <ldtenk@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to change a date format in LibreOffice Calc (LOC). I thought it would be a simple thing to do but for some reason it doesn't work for me. What I did:
>
> 1. Open LOC, start a new spreadsheet
> 2. Enter 6 new rows in column A as follows:
>    20.11.2013

I guess the problem is at this point, when 20.11.2013 is not
recognised as a date due to your use of '.' as separator.

Try using DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD

According to [1] below "Default locale dependent date acceptance
patterns are generated build time". So it may depend on which version
of LibreOffice you are using, and your locale settings.

See here:

[1] https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Languages#Date_acceptance_patterns

[2] https://help.libreoffice.org/3.3/Calc/Converting_Text_to_Numbers

[3] https://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Date_and_Time_Functions