Preseed slapd package rootpw

Hello,

I would like to install the slapd package using a response file with puppet in order to configure openldap non-interactively. I managed to setup some parameters but I am a bit confused about how to configure the OpenLDAP rootpw (the root password for openldap access) parameter.

using the command "debconf-get-selections  | grep slapd|grep password" I find the 4 different password paramters:

slapd    slapd/internal/generated_adminpw    password
slapd    slapd/password2    password
slapd    slapd/internal/adminpw    password
slapd    slapd/password1    password

Which one would be the right one? And another question which format should the "password" be? Should it be plaintext, MD5, SSHA?

Thanks!!
ML