Re: Questions about new hardware & Debian (or Linux in general)

Neal,

Well, I think you've found my weak point.  I have been looking at
fairly new stuff.  When shopping for processors I found there was
little difference in price between Intel's Haswell verses Ivy Bridge
(at least for Pentiums, which what I'm thinking of getting).  So the
mainboards have new chipsets (either H81 or H87).  Is the chipset an
issue?

I was going to go for an entry level Nvidia graphics card, so I don't
think that shouldn't be a problem.  And the Audio and NIC chips vary
by the board, which I haven't selected yet, so that will come next.

Jon