Re: [OT?] What's wrong with my exim4 configuration?

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 12:33:46PM +0200, Itay wrote:
> I tried several times, including re-issuing 'exim4 -qff'.
> It hangs and I have to kill it.
> The output is appended below.

OK I wouldn't worry about the hanging from this output. I suspect it's
just the SMTP client and/or server keeping the connection open in case
a subsequent MAIL FROM was on the way. However

> Finally -- I don't know if it is significant -- but I note in the
> output below, for example 3 lines from the bottom, that the address
> 'root@fastmail.fm' appears.

That's definitely wrong. I wonder if your aliases file is to blame.
Quoting your first message

> 2. Put a line in /etc/aliases
> 'root: root,myemail@fastmail.fm'

Is this not a circular definition?

Personally I would try to achieve what you are doing with a
/root/.procmailrc file containing

   :0c
   !myemail@fastmail.fm

   :0