Re: harddrive spins down and up again after 5s

Hi Patrick,

On Sun, 2013-11-10 at 20:46 +0100, patrick wrote:
> with this value the drive stays on and the constanst spinup/down is
> gone.

No, it's not gone, it now spins up and down every 21 minutes and the
culprit is gvfs. I don't install gvfs and if needed as a hard
dependency, I build and install a dummy package.

If you can't live without gvfs, then touch the drive every 15 minutes,
so that it never will spin down or if possible completely turn off the
drives option to spin down after a while.

while test -f /file/on/the/drive ; do
  sleep 900
done

If you want that the drives spins down after a while, the only option is
to remove gvfs.

Regards,
Ralf