Re: ext3 mount failing due to bad superblock.

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
> If you have your original debian net-inst dvd, it's probably time to
> put the dvd into the drive then reboot the computer into rescue mode.

Funny thing (actually not so) - my optic drive is dead. But why do I
have to reboot
into recovery mode? System itself works correctly - /boot is on sda2
and everything
else is on LVM at sda3. (Windows 7 was on sda1 but it died due to...
lack of space;
srlsy - it started taking full 30GB of disk space after all updates).

> Then run fsck.ext4 -c /dev/sda1 <enter> and watch the fun.  This will
> use badblocks nondestructively and set off a repair operation which
> should end up with you having all of your data recovered.

Running this in recovery mode gets me the same message as running it normally
(as it should - after all sda1 is not mounted) which is the same as my