ext3 mount failing due to bad superblock.

I created ext3 on sda1 (using mke2fs -j) and it worked for last 20 days.
But after tiday reboot it stopped working - if it would be bad entry in fstab
I would still be able to mount it by hand, but I can't. I have some data
on it that I would rather not lose (I don't have enough space to make backups
of everything). Here is dmesg | tail output:

"
[  500.130158] EXT4-fs (sda1): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem
"

Note that I get the same error no matter if use mount -t ext{2,3,4}

Output of fsck:

"
fsck from util-linux 2.20.1
e2fsck 1.42.8 (20-Jun-2013)
ext2fs_open2: Bad magic number in super-block
fsck.ext3: Superblock invalid, trying backup blocks...
fsck.ext3: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sda1

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
"

Is there some way to recover filesystem (or at least data contained in it)?

darkestkhan

--

"May the source be with you."