book reference

Question: if a scale of 1 to 10 were available what would the number attributed this book be in reference to Debian and the GNU Linux OS be.

What would be a good book reference to the C object model architecture be for Debian GNU Linux OS.

Please send me some feedback. Thank you

Google Books

book:

Title: Software Configuration Management -

- ICSE SCM-4 and SCM-5 Workshops, Selected Papers

ISBN: 3-540-60578-9 Springer-Verlag

Reading the book online in Google Books the Google Books display drop down page picker button goes to page 1 and provides a oversight of the landscape and its architecture with C++ etc.

there is also mention of:

'The database uses Exodus toolkit to provide low-level concurrency control, error recovery, network access'.

I went on to another search box to look at Exodus toolkit and the top search result page led to the Shore Project.

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/shore/

Release Information:

SM 5.0 and later releases -- Summer, 2007

These releases are of the Shore Storage Manager (a.k.a. SSM, SM). None of the higher layers of Shore are included. Starting with 5.0, configuration and building of the SM are via the GNU Autotools (autoconf, automake, etc). The objective for future releases is to simplify and scale down the SM feature list, update the documentation, add support for larger volumes. In particular, these releases will be built and tested only on I86/Linux (and, for now, Mac-OS, with the gracious volunteer help of some of our users).

These sm5.0 and later releases are available here or via anonymous ftp at ftp.cs.wisc.edu (cd shore/sm5.0).