Samba group share directory and Thunar "Unable to find or create trash directory"

debian-user:

I have a Debian 7 i386 Xfce machine running the Samba server. I have configured a shared directory as follows:

2013-11-03 14:06:43 root@p43400e ~
# nl /etc/samba/smb.conf | tail -n 11
    38	[groupshare]
    39		path = /mnt/z/groupshare
    40		force user = groupshare
    41		read only = No
    42		create mask = 0777
    43		force create mode = 0666
    44		force security mode = 0666
    45		directory mask = 0777
    46		force directory mode = 0777
    47		force directory security mode = 0777
    48		force unknown acl user = Yes

The idea is any user should be able to create, read, update, and/or delete files and directories in the "groupshare" directory.

I have another Debian 7 i386 Xfce machine that mounts the share as follows:

2013-11-03 14:18:18 dpchrist@p43200 ~
$ nl /etc/fstab | grep 16
16 //samba/groupshare /mnt/samba-groupshare cifs credentials=/root/.samba/groupshare 0 2

On the second machine, I can create, read, update, and delete files and directories from the terminal:

2013-11-03 14:20:50 dpchrist@p43200 ~
$ mkdir /mnt/samba-groupshare/bar

2013-11-03 14:21:00 dpchrist@p43200 ~
$ ls -aF /mnt/samba-groupshare/bar
./  ../

2013-11-03 14:21:45 dpchrist@p43200 ~
$ touch /mnt/samba-groupshare/bar/baz.txt

2013-11-03 14:22:49 dpchrist@p43200 ~
$ echo 'hello, world!' >> /mnt/samba-groupshare/bar/baz.txt

2013-11-03 14:22:58 dpchrist@p43200 ~
$ cat /mnt/samba-groupshare/bar/baz.txt
hello, world!

2013-11-03 14:23:10 dpchrist@p43200 ~
$ rm /mnt/samba-groupshare/bar/baz.txt
rm: remove regular file `/mnt/samba-groupshare/bar/baz.txt'? y

2013-11-03 14:23:16 dpchrist@p43200 ~
$ rmdir /mnt/samba-groupshare/bar/

Using Thunar, I can create, read, and update files and directories, but when I try to delete either two dialogs pop up:

    Dialog 1 -- "File Operation Progress"

        Moving files into the trash...

    Dialog 2-- no title

        Unable to find or create trash directory

I've tried creating a .Trash-XXXX directory by hand on the server using the groupshare UID, but that doesn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

David